Year 5 2019

Wow! This year has gone so fast! I have learned so much and I feel much more confident in certain subjects. I have achieved stuff that I would never thought I would do at school before. I had the year 5 production, captain speech ( which took a lot of courage ), making dioramas from sovereign hill, year 5 market ( which took some teamwork ) and coding. So much fun all packed into 1 term! 

My favourite highlight of this year was the year 5 production. It took a lot of courage to say my lines to the audience, I thought that I would forget my lines. I also had to say a speech to thank Helen for making props and costumes for our show. It was scary speaking in front of the audience. There was a red sentence saying for Helen to come and collect a present from the teachers, but the teachers said not to say the red part, because they didn’t have a present for Helen. I was scared that I would forget what the teachers said and say the red part but fortunately I didn’t say it. 

The thing this year that took the most courage was my house captain speech. I had to plan what I was going to say, write it and then say it to the whole house. I really am glad that I had a go and I think I am now more confident with public speaking. 

I am also more confident in maths, spelling and writing. I am more confident in spelling because I feel like I now know how to spell more words. It helps me with my writing. I am more confident in writing because I now feel better in writing sizzling starts. I feel confident in maths because I not only know how to work out problems, but I have multiple strategies to work with to solve maths sums.   

I really enjoyed the year 5 market. It was fun making the products, selling them and making our stall stand out. It really got us to work as a team and use communication, collaboration and connectedness. It was the first time that I had run a market stall and I actually really enjoyed it. 

Overall, I think that 5Q was the best year for me at Carey and I wish Miss Quodling was my teacher every year! I have had a lot of fun with the people in 5Q and I have learned so much. I have learned that I can do anything if I put a lot of effort in. I also know that I am actually not that bad at speaking lines on stage! I loved this year and wish I could do it all over again!

From Georgia